Slide Downloading Policy
I have read and understand the policy below and desire to procede to the slide download section
In entering the download section, you assume responsibility for the accuracy of the information and its utilization. In entering the download section, you agree to hold the website free of responsibility and/or liability for potential damages or injury to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise from any use or operation of any methods, products, instructions or ideas contained in the material herein.
The views expressed in the slides are those of the individuals who contributed the materials and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editorial staff or organization. Inclusion of materials in slides does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the organization of the quality or the value of the product or the claim made by any manufacturer. Statements contained herein are those of the editorial staff or others recognized as authors and not Harvard University. The content of Drs. Gibson and Cannon and other editorial staff is made and provided on behalf of Boston Clinical Research Institute LLC.
The website is a free educational service to the healthcare community. All slides on this server are made public by the author(s) who created the slides. The slides are public domain and may be downloaded and used freely for personal, research, scientific, and / or information purposes only.
Without limiting the foregoing, copying or reproduction of the slides to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution, other than for personal, research, scientific, and/or information purposes only, is expressly prohibited.
Slides from this website are for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and cannot be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. These slides are not to be placed in commercial pharmaceutical / device company slidesets without the express permission of the website. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible. Components of the website are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, media, sound or image may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by the website.
1. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES:
The Editors and their agents, and the contributors to the website may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. The Editors and their agents, and the contributors to the website do not endorse and are not responsible for any data, software or other content available from such sites or resources and you acknowledge and agree that they shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss relating to your use of or reliance on such data, software or other content.
2. WARRANTY LIMITATIONS:
2.1. You understand and agree that the website is provided on an "AS IS" and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
2.2. The use of information on the website is at your own risk.
2.3. Access to the website may be interrupted and may not be error free.
2.4. Neither the website, nor anyone else involved in creating, producing or delivering the website or the materials contained therein, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your use or inability to use the website. You understand and agree that any material or data obtained through use of the website is at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any resulting damage to your computer system or loss of data.
Neither the Editors and their agents, nor the contributors to the website shall have any obligation to provide you with any maintenance or support relating the website.
All clinical material published on the website undergoes peer review to ensure fair balance, objectivity, independence, and relevance to educational need. The editors of the material herein have consulted sources believed to be reliable in their efforts to provide information that is complete and in accord with the standards accepted at the time of posting. However, in view of the possibility of human error by the authors, editors, or publishers of the works contained in the website, neither the website, nor any other party involved in the preparation of this work, warrants that the information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such. Readers are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other sources. Patients and consumers reading articles posted on the website should review the information carefully with their professional healthcare provider. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by physicians. The website makes no representations or warranties with respect to any treatment, action, or application of medication or preparation by any person following the information offered or provided within or through the website. The website is not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages arising there from.
The sponsors and advertisers who purchase Banner Links on the website have no influence on editorial content or presentation. Moreover, the posting of particular Banner Link does not imply endorsement by the website or its Editors.
While care has been taken to confirm the accuracy of the information presented and to describe generally accepted practices, the Editors and their agents, and the contributors to the website are not responsible for errors or omissions or for any consequences from application of the information herein and make no warranty, expressed or implied, with respect to the currency, completeness, or accuracy of the contents of the publication or any of the Services. Application of this information in a particular situation remains the professional responsibility of the practitioner.
Some information on drugs and medical devices presented in this website may be investigational and/or approved for limited use. It is the responsibility of health care providers to ascertain the status of each drug or device planned for use in their clinical practice.
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the website, the Editors and their agents, and the contributors to the website, against any liability for any claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, relating to any violation of the terms of this Agreement or arising out of any material submitted by you.
7. POPRIETARY RIGHTS TO CONTENT:
You acknowledge and agree that the website and any necessary software used in connection with the website, including, without limitation, text, software, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained in or presented to you as part of the website ("Content"), contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works based on the website or the Content, in whole or in part.
8. LINKING TO THE WEBSITE:
You may have a simple link from your website to ours. However, you must first ask our permission if you intend to frame our site or incorporate pieces of it into a different site or product in a way that is not clear to our users. You acknowledge and agree not to link to us if you engage in illegal, obscene, or offensive content, or if the link in any way has a negative impact on our reputation.
9. Information that You Put on THE Web Site
When you place materials or information on the website that are available publicly, you give us an irrevocable, perpetual license to use that information. For example, we have the right to display a comment that you post on one of our discussion boards for as long as we want. We will consider requests to remove information that you make publicly available on our Web sites on an individual basis.
We ask that you not post any messages with misleading, false, or inappropriate language or statements. We reserve the right to remove any offensive or fraudulent content at any time without your consent.
10. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION; STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS:
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Massachusetts applicable to agreements wholly made and performed in Massachusetts. In the event that you believe you have been irreparably harmed by any cause of action relating to the website, you agree to inform the website in writing and grant the website thirty (30) days to cure the harm before initiating any action. Any legal action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this agreement or a breach thereof, shall be instituted in a court of competent jurisdiction in Boston MA, and you hereby consent and submit to personal jurisdiction of such court, waive any objection to venue in such court and consent to service of process by overnight courier or express mail at your last known address. Any cause of action initiated by you must be initiated within 6 months after the claim or cause of action has arisen or be barred. The website is owned and managed by Boston Clinical Research Institute LLC. All correspondence should be addressed to Boston Clinical Research Institute, One Carter Drive, Natick MA 01760.
The Website wishes to acknowledge the contribution of www.medslides.com in the creation of this legal document.
Advertising refers to the purchase of advertisements and/or name placement and/or logo placement on individual pages or entire sections of the website. These advertisements, names, and/or logos are linked to the supporter’s corporate, product, or educational sites as allowed by the Advertising Guidelines (see below).
Grant Support refers to unrestricted financial support from third party commercial organizations for the website where recognition is provided site-wide or to fund unique projects. The supporter’s logo may be used, and the supporter’s corporate or educational site may be linked to from the website as allowed by the Grant Support Guidelines (see below).
To maintain the integrity of the website, commercial acknowledgements do not influence editorial decisions or editorial content. The website will sell advertising space and acknowledge supporters on its site when the inclusion of advertising does not interfere with the mission or objectives of the the website. The appearance of any commercial advertising or support on the website is neither a guarantee nor an endorsement by the website of the product, service, or company or the claims made for the product. The fact that an advertisement for a product, service, or company has appeared on the website shall not be referred to in collateral promotions on the part of the sponsor. The website will make every effort to publish advertisements or grant support from a wide number and variety of companies. Advertising and support copy and placement shall be reviewed by the Managing Editor for adherence to the guidelines listed below. Final authority for approval of advertising and support shall reside with the the Editor in Chief of the website.
The website may negotiate with a third-party vendor to sell and manage advertising, name and logo placements, and/or to sell and manage grant support. The website, however, shall have sole discretion for determining the types of commercial arrangements and acknowledgements that will be accepted and displayed. The website reserves all rights to reject or discontinue advertisements or sponsorships of any kind.
Guidelines specific to advertising on The website follow:
1. The website will have sole discretion for determining the types of advertising that will be accepted and displayed.
2. Advertisements may appear as fixed banners, sound or as rotating advertisements.
3. Advertisements will be distinguishable from editorial content.
4. Advertisements may not be intentionally juxtaposed with, appear in line with, appear adjacent to, or be linked to editorial content on the same topic.
5. There will be no advertising of any type within the educational content of CME activities on the site.
6. The website, in its sole discretion, retains the right to decline any submitted advertisement or to discontinue posting of any advertisement previously accepted.
7. The website will not accept advertisements that, in the sole opinion of the website, make unsubstantiated claims of therapeutic benefit for a particular product(s). The website may require an advertiser to provide valid, reliable scientific data to support any claims made in the advertisement. In addition, the website will not accept advertising in any form for any products or services known to be harmful to health (e.g., tobacco products).
8. The website reserves the right to reject advertising for products considered to be in direct competition to the website.
9. The website reserves the right to not link to or to remove links to other Web sites.
10. Advertisements on The website may link off-site to a commercial Web site. The website does not vouch for or assume responsibility for any material contained on the Web site to which it links. A buffer page may be I nserted which may display language such as the following statement:
“You are leaving The website. If you wish to link to a Web site maintained by [company name], please click below. If you do not wish to leave the website, please click the ‘back’ button of your browser to return to the site. The website does not assume responsibility for content of other Web sites.”
The website will not use “pop-up” ads. “Pop-up” ads are ads that automatically appear on top of the page the User intends to read and must be deleted before the User can view the intended page.
Guidelines specific to grants for the website follow:
1. All financial or material support for electronic collections of articles, the website content, and other types of online products will be acknowledged and clearly indicated on designated screens or via a link from the designated screen(s).
2. Acknowledgment of support may appear on the the website home page, on any packaging and collateral material included (e.g., CD-ROM case and companion print insert), and on any print or electronic materials used to publicize the online product. Content accessed through the site that does not reside on the site (e.g., abstract or articles from another site) will not include sponsorship information. These acknowledgments will not make any claim for any supporting company product(s). The website will determine the final wording and positioning of the acknowledgment.
3. The acknowledgment of companies and products may be linked to an on-site "About [Company]" page or may link to the company's Web site. The "About [Company]" page may be linked to other on-site pages provided by the supporting company. These pages will be readily distinguishable from editorial content and must be clearly labeled as provided by the supporting company. Other disclosures may be required, as deemed necessary by the website.
4. Acknowledgement of support may link off-site to a commercial Web site. The website does not vouch for or assume responsibility for any material contained on the Web site to which it links. A buffer page may display a statement similar to the following:
“You are leaving The website. If you wish to link to a Web site maintained by [company name], please click below. If you do not wish to leave The website, please click the ‘back’ button of your browser to return to the site. The website does not assume responsibility for content of other Web sites.”
5. The website and logos of journals and other products accessible through the website may not appear on the sponsoring company Web site as a logo or in any other form without prior written approval of the website or by the individuals responsible for the particular service line on the website.
Whenever there is the potential for conflict of interest, details of funding, sponsorship, financial involvement and possible conflicts of interest will be prominently and fully disclosed. Updated disclosures for Dr. Gibson can be found here: http://en.wikidoc.org/index.php/C._Michael_Gibson